Motor Neuron Disease
Motor Neuron Disease (MND)
At Kulung Ayurveda Motor Neuron Disease (MND) treatment with Ayurveda Panchakarma and Ayurvedic medicine is a regular practice. Traditional Ayurvedic practice and experience brings success to our hospital and happiness to the patient. We believe, Ayurveda is the answer to MND.
What is Motor Neuron Disease (MND) ?
This is a progressive disorder of unknown etiology in which there is degeneration of spinal and cranial motor neurons and pyramidal neurons in the motor cortex. (Davidsons). Normally the command from the nerves of the brain is communicated to the muscles through the brain stem and peripheral nerves. When it is disturbed due to some reason, it is called Motor neuron disease that causes difficulty in speaking, swallowing, breathing, walking etc.
- What is MND and MND treatment?
- What is the Ayurvedic treatment of MND? What Ayurveda says about MND?
- A success story of MND management.
Motor neuron disease causes
- Viral infections
- Exposure to toxins
- Electric shock
Motor neuron disease symptoms
- Wasting and fasciculation of muscles.
- Weakness of muscles of limbs, tongue, face and palate.
- Weight loss.
- Troubled breathing.
- Impaired physical activities like- Difficulty in walking and raising of two hands above the shoulders.Difficulty in sleeping in supine position.
- Difficulty in tying up the buttons of the shirts and taking food to mouth etc
Motor Neuron disease is not directly described in Ayurveda. It can be a congregation of Vata roga, Kshya roga. Most of its sign and symptoms can be compared with the lakshans of Oja kshaya, Mamsa Kshaya and Udanavrta Prana Vayu.
Motor neuron disease treatment
Nidana Tyaga (To avoid causative factor), Snehana (Internal and external oil/ ghee application), Swedana (sweating), Rasayana Chikitsa (Nutrition), Brmhana Chikitsa, Upanaha, Pichu, Shirovasti, Shiro dhara, Matra Vasti (one type of Anuvasana basti). are considered to be helpful for Motor Neuron Disease (MND).
Motor Neuron Disease (MND) Treatment
Motor neuron disease treatment at Astang Ayurveda is a regular practice. Motor neuron disease treatment is no more a night mare. Now it is believed to be not incurable. It can be compared with some conditions declared in Ayurveda. Ayurveda treatment is proved to be effective for the management of MND ( Motor neuron disease ) . Herbal remedy through Ayurveda has brought new hope for the MND ( Motor neuron disease ) patients. The following photographs are the examples.
This was achieved within 21 days of treatment
MND ( Motor neuron disease ) according to Ayurveda may be a congregation of Vata roga, Kshya roga. Most of its sign and symptoms can be compared with the lakshans of Oja kshaya, Mamsa Kshaya and Udanavrta Prana Vayu.
Modern medicine: In modern medicine there is not a standardized treatment guideline or medicine for the treatment of MND ( Motor neuron disease ). Anyway, the objective of the management remains confined within the physiotherapy, speech therapy and some medicines with aim of long life.
In modern medicine there is not a standardized treatment guideline or medicine for the treatment of MND. Anyway, the objective of the management remains confined within the physiotherapy, speech therapy and some medicines with aim of long life.
- Avoid causative factor: The first line of MND treatment is to avoid all possible causative factors.
- Consult an Ayurvedic treatment centre. Take indicated medicated ghee. Ghee will nourish and tone the brain.
- Steam bath after an oil massage is advisable to control vitiated Vata the neuro disorder.
- A nourishing rejuvinative treatment (Rasayana treatment is advisable)
- Medicated paste bandage to tone the muscle and nerves and conserve the power is essential.
- Pancha karma treatment along with Pichu, Shirovasti, Shiro dhara, Matra Vasti are the prime treatment conducted for the treatment of Motor Neuron Disease ( MND).